Saturday, January 10, 2009

Happy Birthday Papa!

Tonight was my Dad's birthday.


I absolutely love my Daddy :)
I have so much respect and love for him and can honestly say that he is one of my closest friends!


Growing up, I'm embarrassed to admit, I was more than my fair share of difficult. I tested every boundary and made his job a lot harder than it had to be. Raising four children by himself was hard enough in itself, but sadly I made it a lot harder.
At the time, I fully believed that his sole purpose in life was to ruin mine. I can now see that he was just trying to protect me from myself.


I am so thankful that God fully restored out relationship. Having children of my own I can more than appreciate all that he sacrificed and poured out for us.


My dad is the type of person who is always thinking of someone else before himself. He is generous and kind and playful. The kids love going to papa's, because they know he won't just send them down to the playroom, but he'll go down and play with them.

He is always there for whatever we need, whether it's simply listening or offering up some advice. He does everything with a heart full of love. I am truly blessed to call him my dad.

Happy Birthday Dad! I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for leaving your comments. I absolutely love hearing from you :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails