Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Birthday List

I am a list maker. I love, love, LOVE lists. I make daily lists. For just about everything. (from folding the laundry, to stopping at Walmart for diapers, to making an appointment.) I know- super exciting stuff!! I make these lists to help me remember what I need to get done that day( I have a major case of Baby-Brain these days) but mostly I think I just feel like I've accomplished way more in the day if I can look back at my list and see everything crossed off so nicely :)

Ok....so here's where I make a horribly embarrassing confession. Are you ready??.....
I've been know in the past..... maybe.....once or twice.....to finish a task and have gone to cross it off my list- only to discover it wasn't on my list in the first place and so.....DRAMATIC PAUSE......I'll write it down anyway and cross it off......HUGE GASP.......I know, I know I'm what they call CRAZY!! Yikes!

So in light of my list loving I've decided to make a list of 27 things I want to accomplish this year before I turn 28. I got this idea from The Well-Rounded Woman who posted it on the "Works For Me Wednesdays" edition over at Rocks in My Dryer. So here goes....

  1. Take a quilting class
  2. Clean out my deep freezer
  3. Organize the basement pantry
  4. Plan a romantic trip away with Chris
  5. Learn to play guitar
  6. Finish my son's baby book
  7. Finish my daughter's baby book
  8. Finish the baby's baby book
  9. Start running....(at least 3 times a week)
  10. Read my camera's instruction manuel
  11. Crochet a blanket
  12. Lose 10 lbs.....or more :)
  13. Buy some frames to display the kids artwork
  14. Pull out the bread-maker and make some yummy homemade bread. (I'm embarrassed to admit I've had it for 4 years and never used it-YIKES)
  15. Make some cupcakes (or other yummy treat) and drop them off unexpectedly at a friends house, just to say we love ya!
  16. Read a novel a month
  17. Get a facial with my sister
  18. Go to the spa with my mother-in-law
  19. Go through our closets and give away some clothes
  20. Go through the playroom and choose some toys to give away
  21. Take a family trip to Banff
  22. Go to a Flames game
  23. Go to a concert or theater show
  24. Cook a turkey in the middle of the week
  25. Make a no-sew fleece blanket for each of the kids
  26. Plan a monthly date night with Chris
  27. Spend time everyday with God
So there you have it. My list. I'll keep ya posted on my progress throughout the next year. Here's hoping by next august I'll have crossed off each and every one :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for leaving your comments. I absolutely love hearing from you :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails