Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Even the wind listens...

A couple of days ago, I picked up our son from preschool and headed over to Safeway to pick up a few things I needed for dinner. This was quite the chore, as it was -17 C outside, and baby girl was not in the mood for shopping:)

We made it through the store quickly and headed out to the car.
Now picture this:

The wind is blowing so hard it's almost knocking you over (not to mention it is ice cold!!), baby girl is screaming, and our son is shouting so loud I swore someone was going to stop me and question my parenting skills!
Finally I got baby girl into her carseat and turned my attention to our son:

"STOP SHOUTING! Why are you yelling?" I asked

"Mommy I'm telling the wind to stop. Just like Jesus did"
With that he lifted up his little hand and shouted again :

"WIND STOP RIGHT NOW!!!"

I had to smile, I had just read him the account of when Jesus fell asleep in the boat, and woke up to his disciples screaming in fear. All Jesus had to do was tell the wind to stop and it did!!

Ahh....the faith of a child.
It completely amazes me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for leaving your comments. I absolutely love hearing from you :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails